tag line

BECAUSE A GIRL SHOULD ALWAYS BE TWO THINGS...CLASSY & FABULOUS!!!! -Coco Chanel

Saturday, October 15, 2011

How to manage my curly hair?

Dear Jenn,

Since I was born, I have always had straight hair. Not too long ago, I got my hair cut really short and it grew back curly!!!! I never knew that could happen but it did. It's a problem for me now because all my life I had easy hair to manage. I don't know what products to use for my hair and it looks frizzy all the time, I hate it!!! I tried getting it blown straight again but it doesn't look the same, it still looks dry and frizzy. What can I do to get it straight again? I just don't know what to do with it anymore.

Michelle S.
-Brooklyn NY

Dear Michelle,

 I've heard of this happening before, the cutting short and growing back curly thing. Unfortunately, I've never heard of it growing back straight again, sorry. But there are some things you can do to try to be happy with your hair again. There is something called a "Japanese Perm", ask your hair stylist about it. Basically instead of the regular perm that makes your hair curly, the Japanese perm straightens your hair pin straight and lasts a long time. depending on how fast your hair grows back you will have to go back for touch-ups. I've heard nothing but good things about the Japanese perm, but make sure you go to someone who is experienced. You can google it for more info. Here is a before and after pic of a Japanese perm:


The other thing you can do is embrace the new locks!!! Just find the right products that work well with your hair to give it a healthy flattering look. Using a shine spray and mousse, hair spray or gel that states "flexible hold" will give your hair a healthy shine and hold without looking dry or hard.

Here's how to do it, after washing your hair, comb it out and let it air dry half way. Then use some shine spray all over (don't go overboard a few spritzes will do), then run some mousse or gel through your hair. Finger style it to the way you like it and you will be good to go! Here is a pic of how gorgeous curly hair can look...


I hope you are inspired to work with your new curly hair, personally I think curly hair is fun. Whatever you decide to do, don't forget to use a heavy conditioner when washing. Pantene works great and won't burn a hole in your pockets!

Cheers,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment