tag line

BECAUSE A GIRL SHOULD ALWAYS BE TWO THINGS...CLASSY & FABULOUS!!!! -Coco Chanel

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Issues with my height...

Dear Jenn,


I have issues with my self esteem. My mom says I shouldn't because I am smart and pretty, but still I do. My problem is that I am very short. I am 4 foot 10 inches and feel as small as my height. I never feel like anyone takes me serious and will always treat me like a little girl. I've tried stilettos to boost my height but they are akward to walk in (I am slightly pigeon toed) and can't be out and about with them all day. What can I do or wear fashion wise to visually make me appear taller? Thanks in advance.


Vicki


Dear Vicki,

First off, height shouldn't affect the way people treat you. If you have a great personality and get along well with others then that should earn you enough respect, if people treat you differently because of your height, then THEY have the issues and need to look down on people in order to make themselves feel bigger. Always stay away from people that make you feel bad about yourself, they are energy drainers and you don't need friends like that.

Now getting back to my favorite topic FASHION!!! Leave the high heels/stilletos for special occassions, events or nights out if they are uncomfortable for you. There are really cute chunky heels and wedges out there that offer more stability and more importantly in your case, more height! There are some in fun colors for everyday wear and some more sophisticated ones for evening wear. Here are some examples available at shopruche.com: (BTW I wasn't paid to endorse these)

Seychelles "Clue" oxford heels in whiskeytara lynn t-strap heelsBetsey Johnson "Maggi" dot pump platform heelsloxley mary jane wedges in forest greenstrelley suede wedge bootie

And these are from:

DSW.com                      Elie Tahari                   DSW                    DSW                           

black wedges-naughty monkey vice wedge pump taupeblack wedges-elie tahari charlize wedge bootsblack wedges-sergio rossi cutout leather wedge bootie blackblack wedges-dkny wynona wedge pump blackblack wedges-sachiiSteve Madden


N.Y.L.A at DSW           Joe Jeans @ amazon.com
black wedges-nyla kareem wedge bootie black               black wedges-joes jeans womens lynn wedge sandal

Really I can shop for you forever!!! There are so many cute shoes out there!

As for clothing, wearing V-necks helps the body look more elongated. Also wearing a shorter necklace that rests around the collar bone area will make the torso area appear longer.

As for bottoms, stay away from floor length skirts, or baggy pants, they will only make you look shorter. Opt for a knee length skirt. Also, capri's with a pair of wedges will offer you height and is awesome and stylish!

BTW, there is a 4 foot 9 inch fashion guru out there by the name of Dulce Candy. She is very successful has a good self-esteem and never looks short by the way she dresses. She is also a fan of wedges and chunky heels. Check her out at dulcecandy.com and she has a youtube channel just look up dulcecandy87.

Have fun trying out the new styling tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment