tag line

BECAUSE A GIRL SHOULD ALWAYS BE TWO THINGS...CLASSY & FABULOUS!!!! -Coco Chanel

Saturday, November 12, 2011

How to Dress at the Office

Dear Jenn,

I'm starting my first job at an office. I'm supposed to wear "office attire". I'm not exactly sure what that's suppossed to mean. Do you have any ideas on how to dress at the office, and still feel comfortable. I would hate to wear clothes everyday that I don't feel is me, or my style, or my taste. Please help! I have only 1 week left to shop!

Denise

Dear Denise,
For starters, jeans or denim clothing are a "no, no" in professional offices. And usually so are miniskirts, tank tops, and sneakers. It doesn't mean that you have to wear a pinstriped skirt suit either.

The feminine look is what wins here. Mostly knee length skirts will do nicely. Add spice with classic basic pieces. You can dress simply and add that "bam" by using bold but tasteful accessories that are you. I once read a piece of advice in Marie Claire that is so to the point:

Workwear Rule: The clothes should be sleekly efficient, the jewelry and shoes as daring as you are.

If you come away with anything from this blog post, the above workwear rule should be it.

So let's take a look at some office wear ideas:

Pick a style that suites you.

Wear a cardigan over a simple A-line dress.

Opt for a blazer over a simple tee or tank.

A simple but classy dress suitable for office to evening attire.

Office wear doesn't have to be boring, choose your own chic style.

Sexy but suitable office wear.

Choose pieces you can mix and match.

Super chic office wear.

Casual Friday-type office wear.

Sleek office dress.


As you can see, there are many ways you can dress to go to work. It doesn't have to be stiff and boring. Just wear suitable clothes that you feel like yourself in, and don't forget to add more of your style by accessorizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment